Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tour Guiding

With visitors here this past Labour Day weekend, I was playing Tour Guide.  We found some interesting stone sculptures


on Bainbridge Island.


Having seen the movie The Mask, I didn't dare put this on.  Things are goofy enough around here.


Vashon Island had simpler things to take.


Vashon also had a nifty lighthouse with a view of Mt. Rainier (between the flagpole and lighthouse) to boot.


Of course margaritas were consumed.


A visit to Olympic National Park, Hurricane Ridge had wildlife posing for pictures.


Both critters were from me to you, or five feet - whichever is closer, away from me.


It was a very nice four-day weekend.  The weather cooperated nicely.

This coming weekend I'm either planning an urban bike ride in Seattle, a bike tour around most all Vashon Island, and/or a trip to Issaquah from some mountain biking on the Grand Ridge Trail and Duthie Hill.

In two weekends - by that time my renewed passport should be here - likely a trip to Victoria, B.C. via ferry from Port Angeles, WA for some sight seeing probably by bike and maybe on foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment