Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was my every-other-weekend-is-a-three-day-weekend, weekend.  Get it?  Three days off.  I spent it traveling to Seattle for the Banff Mountain Film Festival and getting some mountain biking in.  And some not really worth mentioning mundane stuff.

My Friday started with a flurry of activity around the place.  I performed a thorough top to bottom cleaning of the domicile proper AND washed every piece of dirty clothing I could find.  Sometimes, every now and then, a dude must forgo the outdoors for some domestic type chores.

Late afternoon I was locked and loaded, trucking toward Seattle.  I arrived just in time for the evening rush hour.  Oh boy.  I did arrive in time to make a quick stop at the main REI store.  I wanted to price snowshoes.  I have none but want some.

From there is was a trip to the Fremont neighbourhood to dine.  Brad's Swingtime Cafe provided the eats.  It's a fabulously great pasta place.  The waitress informed me the two dogs and one cat still roam the place, but were upstairs.  Apparently napping.

After eating I was rushing toward the Banff Mountain Film Festival venue.  The Mountaineers (I'm a dues paying, card carrying member!) were hosting.  This was sold out night three of three.  The placard outside the room said 750 capacity.  There were only a few empty chairs.

I'll not spoiler this event for those who are going to go but have not yet.  I will say I was very impressed with the movies and left feeling very entertained.  I'll also say the ending movie was very well chosen.

To segue into the rest of the weekend's stuff, I'll interject this little YouTube movie.  It was not at the film festival but notification of it came in my emaily inbox.



Saturday was spent mostly indoors.  I had some house hunting important stuff to attend to.  I also made a significant dent in my X-moose shopping.


Sunday was more the typical.  I made my way to Whiskey Gulch for breakfast.  I followed that up with a little grocery shopping.  After dinner I loaded up a bike and headed back to Key Pen 360 Park.  360 Park gets its name from the fact that it is 360 acres.  How appropriate!

Now I'm back to the work week.  This will be the first week I've worked five days in a row in some time.  I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it.  I hope to have some house hunting stuff wrapped up and moving in the direction I want this week.  We'll see on that one.  This house hunting crap is proving more of a pain-in-the-ass than I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment