Friday, October 11, 2013

Weekend Activities

Today I get a partial paycheck from the government.  The partial paycheck will be the last one I get until congress can fund government operations.  I'm working for I.O.U.'s right now.  Given that, I'm feeling like I should not be spending money.  Supposedly, we'll be paid for this time if/when the government is rolling again.  We'll see.

Today is my every-other-Friday off.  Monday is a holiday.  A four day weekend for me.  I'm thinking I might do some car camping.  The weather is supposed to be only sometimes rainy.  I think the National Parks are still closed so I'd camp elsewhere.  There are plenty of "elsewheres" around here.

Of course, I could play ping pong



Or maybe I'll make some nice "inspirational" wall hanging things.


Nah, I think I'll go car camping.  Seems more fun.

1 comment:

  1. Got in some backpacking last weekend. Plenty of good elsewheres here too. Yosemite is closed, but the wilderness bordering the park isn't!

    Sorry you aren't getting paid for a while. That sucks!

    ReplyDelete