Friday, November 15, 2013

Big Game Hunting

Just the other day I received a letter in the mail letting me know I have until January 18th and then that is that.  Reading this I knew the only thing to do would be big game hunting.

"Big game?" you might ask.

Yes, big game.

"Like deer."

No, bigger.

"OK, elk."

No, even bigger.

"Moose?  Bear?"

No and no.  The big game I'm putting in my sights is the very elusive "house."

The letter I received in the mail stated my apartment lease is up on January 18th.  It suggest I try their handy-dandy website to see how much they intended to jack my rent.  And, oh, by the way, failure to either renew by lease end OR let them know at least 20 days in advance means I'd be going "month-to-month" at the very unreasonable rate of the current month's rent plus and additional $500.00 per month.

Renting an apartment was always going to be a temporary thing.  I wanted about a year to learn the area and see where I want to be and where I don't want to be.  I do know my move to the Pacific Northwest was one of the best decisions I've ever made.  Buying a house makes good financial sense.

I'm lining up some house viewing appointments for Saturday.  I'd very much like to have this done, handled, and behind me MUCH before my "20 days before lease end."  Looking online at the listings, I have found several places that look appealing, are affordable, and have what I want.  We'll see how this big game hunting goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment