Monday, June 23, 2014

Going To Camp

I was looking at the Whistler, BC mountain bike park website and noticed they're having a two-day mountain bike camp August 2nd and 3rd.  Since those are days I was planning to go, I signed up.

I signed up for the Elevation Camp.  From the website:


Whether you are an intermediate wanting to learn to jump or master technical trails or the advanced rider wanting to refine your skills and progress further, our guides can show you how it’s done. Over two fun days of coaching and guiding you will improve and take your game to the next level. All camps include optional bike set up tech session, access to the Top of the World, Whistler Blackcomb’s best pro coaches, oh and of course après at the GLC on Saturday night.

The webpage for the camp is HERE.

I was thinking, as long as I'm headed up there and riding at Whistler, why not rent and try a bitchin' bike with lots of travel?  I found a rental for this:



This is the Trek Session 9.9, carbon fiber, 8 inch travel, fun machine.  All the info can be found HERE.  My rental included the bike and body armor.  It was not inexpensive, but WTF, I don't think I can justify, even by stretching huge, an eight inch travel bike.  All of a sudden my trip to British Columbia is becoming big.

No comments:

Post a Comment