Friday, June 7, 2013

Departure

I've all my crap gear packed and ready to hit the road.  I've a few minor things to do and then I'll start driving south and east to Mt. Rainier National Park.  I've a pit-stop planned for REI - Tacoma and then I'll get to the park.

Perusing the Park's website, it appears only the Ohanapecosh campsite is open.  Since I'm gear dialing in I'm not planning on wilderness camping this particular trip, this is my target location.  However, as I was looking at the website, I found some sites to try.

The Wonderland Trail circumnavigates Mt. Rainier in 93 miles.  The website suggests it takes 10 - 14 days to hike the thing.  The website also notes the primitive campsites along the trail.  If you're thinkin' what I'm thinkin' then you know what I'll be doing in subsequent three-day (and even two-day) weekends!

Back to this weekend - I've my camera ready, gear packed, and am out the door soon-ish.  If I get back at a reasonable hour on Sunday, I'll have a recap with some pictures for a post on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment