Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ditched It

This week I've ditched the bus portion of my daily commute.  My daily commute generally starts out with about a 1/4 mile walk, a 1 1/2 mile bus ride, and then a ferry ride across Sinclair Inlet.  I've eliminated the bus portion of my commute.

I leave a bit earlier in the morning and I get home a bit later in the evening.  The time is not a big deal and I get some fresh air.

Today I made arrangements with security to bring my bike inside the gates and onto the shipyard.  I'm not looking for a time saver so much as I'll be dressed and ready to extend my commute home to include a nice roadie type bike ride.

We're starting to come out of the monsoon season here.  I'm looking for every angle to spend more time outside and less time, well, not.  A co-worker has briefed me on which roads are the least car traveled and the most bike friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment