Monday, January 28, 2013

Congressional Interaction

Saturday evening I joined the local bike club's winter meeting.  It was nice to catch up with some rollers I'd not seen in a while.  Part of the evening's agenda was a brief visit from one of our U.S. Congressional delegation.

Part of his spiel was to talk about the last transportation bill.  In it includes money for bike friendly infrastructure.  What struck me was the fairly substantial time he spent discussing how the US Congress is not as partisan as it seems.

At the end he opened it up for questions.  There were none.  I guess is the group was too polite to get after him for the bickering going on in Washington D.C. and his comments on how congress is not partisan is pure bullshit.

The after-party was a visit to Monk's House of Ale Repute.  I way over indulged and was fortunate to catch a ride home.  Shortly after arriving I passed out.

It's a pretty rare instance I get that into the fruit of the barley.  Sunday was spent sleeping in and pretty much doing nothing constructive.  Today I'll get into something resembling training.  I've slacked off this winter and I need to get my ass whipped into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment