Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Introductions


I’ve started this thing to document my new life in the Pacific Northwest.  This is sort of a medium for family and friends, and other interested parties, so they/you can keep up with my goings on.

In the very near term posts will centered on the mundane.  Stuff like finding a place to live – which I’ll be beginning this coming weekend – packing, moving, unpacking, etc.

However, once that is done I’ll present my getting to know the new area on here.  There will be three National Parks within a couple hours drive, a LOT of singletrack to be explored, the Pacific Crest Trail is only a two hour drive away.  And, being in such close proximity to much water, there will be kayaking and fishing exploits.  I’ll even throw in various camping excursions to non National Parks in the area.

I’ll be taking ten (yes, you read that correctly) bikes with me and all my miscellaneous gear.  I’ve camping gear, climbing gear, backpacking gear, bikepacking gear, and probably some gear I can’t remember.  I’m looking forward to getting reacquainted with the lot soon.

Back to finding a place to live – I’m intentionally going a bit big.  I want to make sure there’s plenty of room for family and friends to come and visit and stay without the burden of needing to pay for a hotel room.  So, if you need to get out of town, would like to visit, and need a place to stay, let me know.  My place will likely be available.

4 comments:

  1. I heard they don't allow Moonlanders out there - I'll keep that one for you until you find out it's ok to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hOLY CRAPSTICK BATMAN. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good wishes on your new life in the PCNW. mytzpyk: you don't have the space to stash his moonlander. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I live near the PCT too! Maybe we can meet in the middle somewhere. As much as I like Nevada, I keep having thoughts of moving up there (PCNW). I've been here my whole life and would like to explore something new. The thought of finding a new job and moving all our stuff (including all the bikes!) makes my head swim though. Looking forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete