Sunday, February 24, 2013

Banner Forest

As a reward for getting some things done around the place, Saturday I afforded myself a mountain bike ride in Banner Forest.  Click on any of the pictures for big(ger).


Banner Forest is about one mile by one mile (yes, one mile square) wooded area with a meandering trail system.


I think I found online the elevation change over the whole park is only 34 feet.  This makes for a great place for beginners, singlespeeds, and recovery rides that day after an epic.  Speaking of singlespeeds, my singlespeed Surly Karate Monkey was the bike of choice for this day.


I explored around for a bit and did find one shorter jump line.  The picture below sort of badly shows it.


Though the parking lot was pretty full, it was at least an hour before I saw another person and bit longer before I saw another rider.


When I came up on two stopped riders, I was attacked by their pack of wild Golden Retrievers.  Actually, nearly friended to death by the pooches.  They all got a pet and away I went.


Though it had been raining quite a bit the day before, the trails were damp but not muddy except for a few localized places.  Banner Forest is about five miles from where I live.  It's a great place to shoot to right after work.  I'm looking forward to going back and exploring more of the numerous trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment