Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Commute

This past Monday I started my new job.  I am working as a structural engineer for the U.S. Navy.  I work on the Navy base in Bremerton, WA.


I have a two-part commute to get to work.  It does not involve a bike but it also does not involve my vehicle.  When I leave my place I walk about two blocks to a bus stop.  The bus takes me right to the ferry dock.  My wait once off the bus is about ten minutes.  I take the ferry for a ten to twelve minute ride.  Then, I have about a four block walk and I'm there.

A nice perk of working at the base is my bus and ferry pass are provided to me at no charge.  I filled out a form, turned it in, and was presented my ORCA (One Regional Card for All).

Speaking of ferries, this coming weekend I've a mountain bike ride on Whidbey Island.  This will require me to drive some, including driving my vehicle on a larger, car carrying ferry.  It should be an interesting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment